If you don’t currently know what a kegerator is, it is a magical machine that dispenses liquid happiness, better known as the draft Beer system. Nevertheless, these aren’t only used as Beer dispensers, they can be utilized to distribute any carbonated beverage. From cold brew espresso to kombucha, kegerators have grown to be a home bar essential due to their versatility.
To have the most out of your kegerator and also the best put every time, you ought to know how it works. Also, in case you are thinking about a kegerator purchase, you will have to understand the important components you will need in order to your kegerator to operate. Unless of course otherwise stated, numerous kegerators don’t have the inner elements however are required for the purpose of the beverage dispenser.
One of the greatest aspects of a kegerator is the fact that system is extremely personalized. Whilst there aren’t numerous parts to your kegerator, there are lots of choices for all of them. This gives the user, the cabability to produce an ideal drink dispensing system! Kegerators are usually basic and when you have a knowledge of the essential kegerator components, it will be possible to easily assemble your kegerator.
1. Cabinet – The cabinet is definitely the large refrigerated container that holds all of the components like the keg. The perfect refrigeration temperature for your cabinet is between 32-75 degrees Fahrenheit. The cabinet will be different in size based on the form of unit and number of faucets you want to have. Many standard cupboards can hold different types of kegs and a few can hold multiple barrel kegs in order to serve a number of beverages from one device.
2. Draft Tower – The tap tower sits on top from the cabinet and is the launching area for the drink, it travels the tower and waits to get dispensed. Tap towers, also called Beer towers, come in many different shapes, styles, surface finishes, and varying numbers of taps.
3. Tap – This is when your Beer flows. Taps or faucets come in a number of styles, shapes, and surface finishes. Typically made from stainless-coated brass or stainless steel, the form in the tap can affect your drink pour. Be sure to pick the best tap style for the beverage. You can also purchase a multiple tap faucet to serve numerous types of Beer or many different drinks.
4. Faucet Handle – Tap manages arrive in many different styles, shapes, and finishes. You can even get handles custom made to suit your style or brand name. Here is the handle which you pull to distribute the Beer out of your draft system.
5. Drip Tray – Drip trays sit down just beneath the tap and gathers any extra liquid that may drip down from overflow or accidental spills throughout pouring. Typically manufactured from steel or plastic, these come in a number of styles to suit each and every require.
6. Keg Coupler – This component is important to connect your gas and Beer outlines. The coupler links right to the keg and lets you tap in to the keg, operating the gasoline with the gas line, which is connected to the CO2 tank and driving the beverage out with the Beer line. Couplers come in many different designs to suit particular Beer kegs, two of the most common couplers are definitely the regular United states D System and the S System, which can be popular in European countries.
7. Keg – Essentially the most important part of the kegerator, the keg provides the tasty ready-to-pour liquid and it also comes in many different sizes. To get the right keg dimension for your kegerator, head to the Keg Dimension Manual.
8. Carbon dioxide Regulator – The regulator lets you adjust and keep CO2 pressure in order to dispense your beverage for the ideal put every time.
9. Carbon dioxide Tank – A crucial part from the drink dispensing, the CO2 tank contains the gas that pushes your beverage out from the keg and provides it that fresh carbonated draft flavor.
10. Beer Line – This pipe is when the CO2 pushes the drink out from the coupler or higher towards the Beer tower.
11. Gas Line – This tube enables Carbon dioxide traveling from the coupler through the CO2 tank, driving out the drink from your keg.
12. Hose Clamps – A very underrated element of a kegerator would be the clamps. These clamps make sure the gasoline and Beer line is well-linked. Clamps come in different styles and frequently need tools to use. We highly recommend these Thumb Attach Clamps, which can be as powerful as conventional clamps but they can be easily adjusted without having tools.
For those of you thinking about making your own kegerator, together with a refrigerated cabinet of preference, you will want all of the internal parts outlined. Many of these parts are found within a snglyk transformation kit and there are a variety of kits to suit your needs.
Now that you comprehend the basic aspects of a kegerator and how these parts work together, you can choose which kind of kegerator will suit your preferences. Because of so many choices out there, we created a total guide on different types of kegerators with pros and cons.